Who's Eligible to Participate?
To be eligible to participate in Take Me Home, West Virginia, individuals must:
- Live in a nursing facility, hospital, institution for mental disease or a combination of any of the three for at least 90 days (excluding Medicare rehabilitation days), and;
- Be eligible to receive Medicaid benefits on the last day prior to transitioning from the long-term care facility to the community, and;
- Choose to move to a "qualified residence".
The individual must also qualify for and access one of the following Medicaid home and community-based service programs upon the individuals return to the community:
- Aged and Disable Waiver (ADW) Program;
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Waiver;
- State Plan Personal Care Program, or;
- Behavioral Health.
It's also important to note that if the individual is eligible to participate in the Program, Take Me Home can support the individual's transition to the community only if a plan can be developed to meet the individual's long-term care needs and there is a reasonable expectation of a safe and successful transition to the community.