3rd Quarter Training
DIDE Third Quarter Training:
WV Bureau for Public Health
Division of Infectious Disease Epidemiology
When and Where
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Blackwater Falls State Park
Target audience: Local health departments, regional epidemiologists, Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology (DIDE), and Disease Control staff members.
Synopsis: Office of Epidemiology and Prevention Services
Goal: The training will also help those in public health tackle difficult problems like laboratory report & interpretation, rabies and animal bites, Arbovirus, and recommendations to improve future outbreak response and management.
Continuing education pending:
- A request to the Division of Local Health is pending for CEU’s for this program. The Division of Local Health is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the State of West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses under Provider Number WV99-0272RN.
- Continuing Education Hours are being requested from the WV Board of Registration for Sanitarians.
- At this time, we anticipate 8 hours for Registered Nurses and 6.7 hours for Registered Sanitarians.
- There are NO REGISTRATION FEES associated with this training.
- Travel and lodging accommodations are the responsibility of workshop participants. For your convenience, a block of rooms has been reserved under the name of Division of Infectious Disease Epidemiology at the Black Water Falls State Park Lodge P O Drawer 490 Davis, WV 26260 at the conference rate of $78.84 per night. To receive this rate, call the Black Water Falls State Park directly at (304) 259-5216 before August 10, 2011.
- Continental breakfast, lunch, and breaks will be provided.
- Enrollment is limited to 130 participants and registration will close on August 10, 2011, unless the class becomes full before that date. Individuals registering after registration has closed will be added to a wait list.
To register for this training, visit wv.train.org. For questions, email Debbie Amos, Staff Development Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 304.356.4014.