350 Capitol St
Charleston, WV 25301
Phone (304) 558-2195
Toll Free (800) 642-8244
Fax (304) 558-6478
The West Virginia Division of STD/HIV/Hepatitis will competently and compassionately provide surveillance, intervention, testing, education (S.I.T.E) and care to prevent and control the spread of disease for the people of our state. The charge of the division is to:
- Monitor the epidemic
- Improve public understanding of HIV
- Prevent or reduce behaviors that transmit HIV
- Strengthen systems for referral to appropriate prevention and treatment services
- Ensure that HIV/AIDS surveillance is a quality, secure system.
- Ensure that all people at risk for HIV infection know their sero-status.
- Ensure that those who are not infected with HIV remain uninfected.
- Ensure that those infected with HIV have access to the most effective therapies possible.
- Ensure a quality professional education program that includes the most current HIV/AIDS information.