The Center for Performance Management and Systems Development is dedicated to supporting performance and quality improvement initiatives of the Bureau for Public Health, the state’s local health departments and other public health system partners in West Virginia, to improve delivery of essential public health services and to improve health outcomes.
As part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Public Health Improvement Initiative (NPHII), ongoing efforts are intended to further enhance and build the West Virginia State public health system capacity.
The work of our office includes:
- Providing training and education on performance and quality improvement.
- Facilitating quality improvement projects targeting key public health issues and business processes to improve effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Coordinating the State Public Health Assessment, State Health Improvement Planning, statewide Public Health Workforce Assessment, and development of the public health system.
- Strategic Planning for the Bureau for Public Health
- Compiling information regarding best practices among program participants
- Accreditation readiness for application to the Public Health Accreditation Board